This week, I wasn’t watching the NBA Playoffs like everyone else. I was busy watching E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) and studying for finals. In case you don’t know, E3 is THE convention for video games and it’s where the big dogs Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony spend big dollars to create the hype and present new games in development or the latest consoles coming to market. Microsoft and Sony are currently working on the next Xbox and PS4. Nintendo presented their new console called the Wii U. Although it was presented last year, Nintendo brought an updated version and i’ll give you a quick rundown of what to expect from the Wii U
1) Wii U will be released in the fourth quarter and currently doesn’t have a set price. My guess is the console will come in around $300-$400 and the controllers will cost about $50.
2) The system will be compatible with your original Wii and Wii U games and can support the Wii Remote and Nunchuck. Sadly it wont be compatible with the GameCube Controller. (Sorry Smash Bros players learn to play with the Wii Remote.)
3) Wii U will finally have HD like its main competitors Xbox 360 and PS3.
4) Wii U can also use it’s Gamepad as a TV display. Say if you want to watch…..the Packers beat the Steelers and your child is playing on the system. You can watch the game while your child continues playing his/her game on the Gamepad’s LCD screen.
5) There’s a front-facing camera that you can be used to make video calls on. It can also be used to call your Mii friends.
You can find more detailed information on the Nintendo website. Happy gaming!
Missed my last Game Review: